Camp Na'aleh

Promote Your Page Too

Follow campnaaleh on Twitter 

History

Originally founded in 1932 as Camp Kvutza in Accord, New York, Camp Na’aleh serves as the official Habonim Dror camp for New York state southern New England. Up until 1984 it resided in lovely Elizaville, in Dutchess County New York.   

In 1997, Camp Na’aleh reopened in rented facilities in Holmes, New York, relocating three years later to Shohola, Pennsylvania (near Port Jervis, New York). Before the summer of 2008, Camp Na’aleh, thanks to the help of generous donors, purchased a new site near Sidney, New York. 

Part of the progressive Labor Zionist Youth movement, Camp Na'aleh seeks to build personal bonds between North American Jewish youth and the State of Israel and to create Jewish leaders who commit to implement by action and personal example the principles of social justice, equality, peace and coexistence in Israel and North America.  Camp Na’aleh is one of seven Habonim Dror camps in North America. For more information about Habonim Dror North America and its MBI, Madatz, and Workshop programs for older campers, CITs, and counselors, please visit them at www.habonimdror.org.